And these are the key take-home points from them.
I also discovered the 5 pillars of why the Netherlands can be so innovative (in the views of the interviewees)
- knowledge of English = ability to be exposed to international innovations more quickly
- enormous adoption of social media = very rapid spread of ideas among population
- genuinely open culture, innovation thrives on openness
- Dutch business instinct to create a business out of a situation
- small country size makes easy to make personal contact
So it seems that there is a generally positive intersection of contingencies that make the Country much prone to innovation. Is it something that can be replicated elsewhere?